Our Reading Ambassadors have been chosen for their love of reading and their willingness to share this passion and enthusiasm with others throughout the school. Reading Ambassador’s at St. George’s School work to promote reading for pleasure and sharing the enjoyment of reading a great book.
Our Reading Ambassadors will:
- Continue to be a good reading role model
- Make recommendations about books and talk about their favourite authors.
- Develop children’s ability and enthusiasm for talking about books.
- The Reading Ambassadors in Years Five and Six may be librarians and will read to other classes and individuals to help show what great reading role models they can look up to.
- Keep book corners and the library tidy and ensure books are well kept.
- We hold two book fairs each school year, the Reading Ambassadors promote the book fair and help their peers to choose a book to purchase. Following our school book fairs, they will select and recommend books to purchase for the class book corner.
- Support and promote the Summer Reading Challenge with guidance from Stamford Library.
- Help with Reading Events across the school.
At St. George’s we have developed our own Reading Spine with high quality books for the children to read and enjoy as a class reading book and through English lessons. Reading Ambassadors support the teacher to select the texts to share and enjoy as part of reading for pleasure.